Parking in Singapore
Electronic Carpark Gantry in Singapore
How to Enter & Exit:
- Slow down as you approach the gantry
- With Cashcard inserted into the In-vehicle Unit (IU) (You may enter without but NEED cashcard to exit) or tap your NETS Flashpay card (When exiting)
- Wait patiently for the barrier to open and enter the compound
- Make sure your cashcard have sufficient fund for carpark charges
Ways to pay for Parking:
- Parking.sg (Download in App store and pay via credit/debit card)
- Cashcard via IU
- NETS FlashPay
- Parking coupon (Purchased from 7-Eleven)
Carpark rates are usually stated at the gantry of the carpark.
Below images are some signs that are commonly found in housing estates
White Lot – For visitors during carpark hours
Red Lot – These parking lots are generally reserved for season parking holders from 7:00pm to 7:00am, Mondays to Saturdays, and whole day on Sundays and public holidays. (Taken from hub.gov.sg)
Red-White Lot – No parking for visitors from Monday to Saturday from 7pm to 7am and Whole day on Sunday & Public Holiday
Yellow Lot – Higher parking charges at $1.20/ per half hour from Monday to Saturday during 7am and 5pm and normal parking fee of $0.60/ per half hour after 5pm. Including Sunday and Public holiday
For more information on parking rules visit here
Driving Rules in Singapore
- Unbroken white line – No parking at all times on either side
- Yellow box – May not enter unless road ahead is clear to prevent congestion of vehicles from other direction
- Stop line – Stop! And check for traffic before continuing
- Bus Stop – No stopping within 9 Metres of a Bus Stop
- Unbroken double yellow line – No parking at all times
- Single white zig-zag line – No stopping at all times (Demerit may be awarded)
- Zebra crossing – Priority to pedestrian and vehicles have to give way
- Yellow box with right turn pocket – Same rules apply to Yellow box and when traffic is in favour of vehicles, vehicles may occupy right turn pocket before turning right when traffic is clear.
- Keep left sign – Vehicles approaching should stay in lane.
- Give way line – Vehicles approaching Give Way Line are to stop, allow vehicles from major road pass before entering.
For more information visit here